Last week it was the Throne Room paint job that finally got done. This week, the exhaust risers got installed.
I suspended the showerhead from the CO2 fire extinguisher pipes to take the weight while I put the bolts in.
I’ve had this 6″ exhaust hose for a long time, but it’s been wrapped in plastic and the rubber is still like-new. It’s nice to finally be installing stuff like this that’s been in the way for so long.
As a precaution, I used stainless safety wire to secure the Inferno Wrap, especially near the flange and the showerhead.
The flange gasket is hanging from the raw water outlet of the heat exchanger in the picture above. It’s not a metal gasket, which is what came with the engines. Hopefully, this type will seal better than the originals.
The only thing left to complete the exhaust installation is installing raw water hoses. It’s taken a long time to get to this point, but it sure feels good getting this done.
Next up in our 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth Bulkhead