My first attempt at cabinetmaking is taking longer than expected, but it should be over soon. The V-berth “throne room” side cabinet is now fully insulated and ready for some final adjustments. But first I’ve got to get the sink plumbing laid out. I also have to keep reminding myself that I’m doing sink plumbing so I can finish the V-berth head so I can put in portholes so the boat can splash later this year.
Once the epoxy cured on the cabinet inside panels, I used my plunge saw to cut the openings for the toilet paper storage and the TP holder.
I initially marked where I thought the pipe would be. But after putting the actual pipe in place and checking it with a level, it ended up quite a bit lower than I first thought. The challenge here was that the end of the pipe near the sink has to be lower than the drain, but the welded in thru-hull for the sink drain is pretty high…just a few inches lower than the sink drain height. Anyway, it all looks like it’ll work out.
Next up on our 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Kitchen Storage