I went to the boat yesterday and was planning to make some major progress on the engine installation. When I arrived, I noticed the door to the tent was ajar. When I opened it, I saw my Excel air dryer in a strange spot near the door…the 1/2″ hose from the compressor had been cut. There were a few rolls of tape under the boat, too, which definitely wasn’t right. Going inside, things just kept getting worse.
All of my hand tools, except for the beat up old Skilsaw I use to cut aluminum, have been stolen. Makita saws and cordless drill set. Bosch routers, laser measurers, and drills. Cobalt drill sets and 10-packs of commonly used spares. Taper drill & countersink sets w/spare drills and countersinks. Vix bit set. Freud circular, jig, and sawsall saw blades and router bits. Slot cutters. Swagelok tubing bender. Hydraulic port-a-power set I was going to use to relocate the engines to their final place. All of the accessories for my Shopsmith. Partially used gallon cans of Awlgrip, activator, and thinner. Aluminum stock and original extrusions…everything. I’m still putting the list together, but basically, if it could fit out the door they got it.
Cops came and took fingerprints, and they put all of the tool registration numbers in their pawnshop database.
The boat’s not splashing this year. Now, instead of getting the engines in and interior done, I get to spend the next couple of weeks alarming the hell out of the tent and trying to replace a tool collection that took years to accumulate.
Next up in our 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Alarmed